Former Panther brushes off link to sex-tape leaks
Canterbury forward Corey Harawira-Naera says he had no concerns about being investigated by the NRL integrity unit over the Penrith sex tapes scandal.
The former Panthers player was interviewed by the governing body last week after being linked as a potential leak of tapes involving three ex-teammates.
Penrith utility Tyrone May was stood down by the NRL indefinitely after being charged by police with two counts of recording intimate image without consent.
He was also charged with two counts of disseminating image without consent. Harawira-Naera said he had been forewarned by Panthers players about the speculation but was unfazed over being hauled into NRL headquarters.
"The (interview) had to happen and I got cleared, which is what I was expecting," Harawira-Naera said on Monday.
"I was just worried for (Tyrone) May, to see how his mental state is going because it's a pretty big thing when your name's been thrown out in the media and you end up where he did.
"Just make sure I was there for him if he needed a chat."
Several reports last week suggested the Panthers had identified a former player may have been to blame for the saga that has engulfed the club.
The 23-year-old Harawira-Naera immediately spoke to Bulldogs bosses and moved to clear his name before this week's season-opener against the Warriors.
"It is what it is. Obviously I wasn't expecting to get dragged in there but I did. It's all done now," he said.
"I'm just looking forward to round one back home in front of my family.
"There's not much you can do. People are going to portray what they hear and some people are easily influenced when it comes to stuff like that.
"Obviously everyone is looking for someone to blame but knowing that I'm innocent and I've answered the questions I had to, it's all good now."