Customer shock at bill error
A BILLING error cost South Grafton smash repairer Hadon James $3950 after his business was left without power for an entire day.
Mr James was surprised when the power was turned off at his business this week.
Owner of Tile Power - the business located next door - Bree Llewellen, was shocked when her bill doubled after she switched to AGL.
Ms Llewellen switched her provider from Origin Energy to AGL in May 2012. At the time she was told her bill reduce by about 10% and she was startled when it almost doubled.
When she changed accounts, she had taken Mr James' account with her.
Mr James never authorised for his account to be switched and thought he was still an Origin Energy customer. He thought it unusual he had not received a bill for the past quarter but there were so many other bills coming to his business he had no time to make inquiries.
Then on Tuesday the power to his business was switched off.
He said he still had to pay staff about $750 and a car which was half-painted had to be redone, costing a further $3200.
AGL is "working with the customer to resolve the issue".