Date set for Metgasco court decision
THE NSW Supreme Court judgement surrounding the government suspension of Metgasco's Rosella well drilling approval will be handed down this Friday, April 24.
Metgasco took the State Government to court last year after NSW Resources Minister Anthony Roberts announced its licence suspension of its petroleum exploration licence at Bentley.
Metgasco said they believe the NSW Government's suspension of Metgasco's activity approval was unlawful for a few reasons, a release said this morning.
The Government did not have the power under the Petroleum Onshore Act to take the action; even if it had, it do not follow the procedures defined in the Act or afford Metgasco procedural fairness; and the decision to suspend the drilling activity based on Metgasco's community consultation could not have been made rationally," the statement read.