Do not miss Beef Week’s beefed up weekend
1. Casino Beef Week Street Festival: From 8am this Saturday enjoy the Street Festival and Markets in Barker St, the Kids Alley in Canterbury St, the Chillout Zone hosted by the Casino Neighbourhood Centre, the Show'n'Shine Car Show in Walker St plus the Wood Chainsaw Art Shows in Barker St from 9am.
2. Expo, Woodchoppers and Orchids: From 9.30am the NCMC Beef Expo will offer free hourly meat displays and cooking demonstrations in Barker St. The Woodchop Competition will also happen in Baker St from 10am, plus the Orchid Show at the Anglican Hall and the Whip Cracking Competition in Canterbury St.
3. Achieve Street Parade: The title of Best Float will be awarded to the entry that best embraces the theme of this year's festival: Around the World. The crows is expected to reach 15,000 people offering fantastic floats and dress ups as the procession travels down Walker St. Last year more than 50 floats were entered into the parade. The roads surrounding the Casino CBD will be locked off as the parade makes its way up Walker St, does a U-turn around the Oxford Hotel and finishes almost where it started. At Walker St, Casino, this Saturday from 1.45pm.
4. Mr Beef Competition: What started as a tongue-in-cheek unofficial event has become a signature date in the Beef Week Calendar, alongside the Beef Week Queen announcement and the Fashion Show. Who will be crowned the male face of Beef week? Will it be because of his dashing smile, or his muscles? This year's nominated charity to benefit from the fund-raising night is Cure for MND Foundation. At Casino RSM Club this Saturday from 5pm.
5. Beef Week Fitness Challenge: Beefed up for Beef Week. This new event aims to become Casino's version of the Somson Challenge. The rural-themed obstacle course will include tyre flips, a stone carry, sledge push, ropes, walls to jump over and hay bales. Hosted by the Big4 Casino Resort, 69 Light St, Casino, this Sunday from 8am. Registration essential. Free for spectators.
6. Richmond Valley Council Family Fun Day: Amusement rides, reptile shows, food stalls and entertainment for the kids. Shows by Reptile World from Coffs Harbour are rumoured to include one of their crocs. Also, the event has locked in their first guinea pig show, plus plies and a jumping castle. Hosted by the Big4 Casino Resort, 69 Light St, Casino, this Sunday from 9am. Free event.
7. Beef Week Family Aviation Day: Enjoy adventure flights, trial instructional flights, static and historic aircraft. There will be adventure flights, joyflights and Warbirds, all thanks to Rotorwings (helicopters), Aero Adventure Flights (Winjeel) and Aussie Air (Cessna). At the Casino Aerodrome, East St, this Sunday from 9am.
- For details visit the Casino Beef Week website.