Fire crews are on scene.
Fire crews are on scene. QFES

Fire crews race to gas explosion at Marian home

LATEST: ONE person is believed to have been injured in a gas stove explosion at Marian.

Paramedics are at the scene but a Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said he didn't believe the injuries were serious.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services were tasked to Marian at 6.55pm following reports of an explosion and a strong smell of gas. One QFES unit attended, a spokeswoman said.

 

INITIAL: QUEENSLAND Fire and Emergency Services have evacuated a Marian home after a gas explosion this evening. 

Reports indicate there was a small gas explosion inside the home about 7pm. 

QFES crews were called to the scene and evacuated all persons from the home. 

A male, believed to have been near the explosion, is being treated by paramedics for shock. 

QFES officers are conducting gas monitoring inside the property. 

Police are also on scene.