Bolton breaks silence following Sydney arrest

An emotional Scott Bolton addresses media.
An emotional Scott Bolton addresses media.

NORTH Queensland prop Scott Bolton has spoken publicly for the first time since being charged with indecent assault following an alleged incident at a Sydney nightspot on Saturday night.

Bolton flew back to Townsville earlier this week after he was charged on Sunday morning for an alleged incident on Saturday night.

"I understand that our members, partners and fans would like me to talk about the allegation that has been made against me.

 

"However, since this is a matter that involves the police and the NRL integrity unit, I am unable to make any comments about the incident right now.

"What I can say is that I am taking the matter very seriously and co-operating fully with both the police and the NRL integrity unit." Bolton said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon.

The 30-year old may yet be named to play in North Queensland's match against Wests Tigers on Thursday but said he was undecided as to whether he would take the field.

"I have been approved to play by the NRL and the club during the investigation and so will work with the coach and our football department to decide whether I will play this week or not," he said.

"I would ask that you respect the privacy of my wife and my family who are supporting me through this difficult time."

Bolton will face court on June 19.