NSW could review virus restrictions
NSW authorities have reportedly put "everything on the table" when it comes to coronavirus restrictions in the state, raising speculation certain freedoms could be rolled back.
Victoria's current coronavirus outbreak has prompted leaders in other states and territories to review their own operations, with the NSW state government reportedly assessing whether "high risk" gatherings such as weddings and funerals will be continued to take place in their current form.
The Daily Telegraph reports a government source as saying "everything is on the table" in terms of restrictions.
From 1 July in the state a maximum of 20 people were allowed to attend weddings with 50 people at funerals. However in both cases it is restricted to one person per four square metres to allow for social distancing.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian is also said to be deciding whether to move the state border north and letting Albury remain part of Victoria to avoid onerous travel permits for those that have to travel between the town and twin city Wodonga.
NSW is also said to considering forcing hotel quarantine guests to foot their own bills, as the state is currently hosting more returned travellers than every other state combined at its own expense.
On Wednesday Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said he had delivered a "warning" to the prime minister that Victoria may need longer than two weeks to reset its disastrous quarantine system that has fuelled the current community outbreak.
Ms Berejiklian has previously warned the risk of the outbreak spreading is "extremely high" and those in New South Wales should not be complacent about the disease.
Originally published as NSW could review virus restrictions