Clive's craziest quotes are proving a hit on Facebook
THE man is larger than life and the best thing to happen to Australian political humour since former PM Paul Keating.
That's according to a Facebook site set up to celebrate Clive Palmer and some of his more attention-grabbing quotes and witticisms.
Bluntly called S*** Clive Says, the social media site has close to 20,000 likes in just one month.
That makes it far more popular than Mr Palmer's own Facebook site (2129 likes), while the Clive Palmer is a Fraud page has only three likes.
Gems from the big man include his often derogatory thoughts on Campbell Newman, Nick Xenophon and Rupert Murdoch's wife.
Bronwyn Stevens, lecturer in politics at the University of the Sunshine Coast, believes they have worked to his advantage up to now.
"On the whole his outrageous comments tend to work for him because he gets a lot of attention," she said. "He's not careful and calculated like other politicians, and doesn't sound like he's advised by spin doctors."
Ms Stevens does warn that Clive's mouth may get him into trouble ultimately, especially in Parliament.
A selection of what Clive Palmer said:
- It's not my fault that I've unfortunately got so much money.
- I'll be saying whatever I like. There are no restrictions on me.
- In the final analysis in life, materialism isn't all that's important.
- I've thrown (some) kangaroo poo in my time.
- One of the benefits of global warming is there's not as many icebergs in the North Atlantic.
- They might throw me out of Parliament! That would be good, wouldn't it? I'd spend more time up here at the resort.
- I'll give you a headline: he's like tits on a bull (on Nick Xenophon).
- Goodbye, Campbell Newman - that's what I'm saying. Goodbye, Campbell Newman. Goodbye, Campbell Newman.