‘Pick-up artist’ jailed for hounding women


A sleazy "pick-up artist" who called himself Addy A-Game has been jailed for hounding schoolgirls and women on the streets of Scotland.

Adnan Ahmed secretly filmed himself approaching dozens of victims in Glasgow and Lanarkshire, a court heard.

The 38-year-old lifestyle guru tried to flirt with girls as young as 16, in some cases touching their cheek and trying to kiss them.

In videos posted on YouTube, he also offered sick tips on how to overcome "last-minute resistance" to sex.

He also boasted about his sexual exploits and in one clip included audio of a woman apparently recorded during sex.


Ahmed was jailed for two years. Picture: Police Scotland
Ahmed was jailed for two years. Picture: Police Scotland




Five young women between 16 and 21 gave evidence about his intimidating behaviour during a trial at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

Passing a two-year jail sentence, Sheriff Lindsay Wood found there was a "significant sexual aspect" to the offences and placed Ahmed on the sex offenders register for 10 years.

"Two schoolgirls were shamefully targeted by you in a quiet lane and the three other women were considerably younger than you," Wood told Ahmed at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

"Why on earth would you consider it appropriate to touch a complete stranger on the cheek and try to kiss them?"

He added, "You have acquired both notoriety and an unenviable reputation. Further, the public will be wise to such behaviour in future towards women by you and others like you. The courts will always try to keep abreast of developing criminal trends which cause public disquiet, concern and even outrage and will take appropriate steps to tackle these."


A BBC program earlier this year sparked a police investigation.
A BBC program earlier this year sparked a police investigation.


He praised Ahmed's victims for giving evidence. "The mental scarring won't leave in a hurry but they will be fortified that by giving evidence of what really happened you will be held to account," he said.

Ahmed was found guilty of threatening and abusive behaviour for approaching several young women, causing them fear and alarm, after a BBC Social program sparked a police investigation.

The court heard Ahmed had previous convictions, including for drink-driving and a firearms charge, and had previously been jailed seven times - the longest for two years and three months.

He has been in custody since January for the current case and his two-year sentence was backdated.

This article originally appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission