Maroons: How the players rated in Origin III
What a game! Here is the break down of the individual players' performances.
- Greg Inglis 8 ½: Brilliant in his preferred position. Kick-returns were strong, and scored a crucial first-half try when the game was on. Great courage getting the ball out of the in-goal in the 24th minute with Brett Morris trying to rope him in.
- Darius Boyd 7: A solid night out, with faultless kick returns. Bobbed up with his 16th Origin try in the second half
- Will Chambers 8: Good yards in the first half, and scored a well-deserved try in the second. Had a tremendous series playing on the wing and at left centre last night.
- Justin Hodges 7 ½: Good yards in his final Origin game, and produced a magical flick pass early in the second half for Gillett's try. Booted the last conversion of the game.
- Dane Gagai 7 ½: No nerves on Origin debut at the Cauldron, scoring a try in the 14th minute. Looked ready-made for the big stage and will only get better
- Johnathan Thurston 8 ½: Great toughness early. Smashed late by Woods after kick but bounced back to be the focal point of the Maroons' attack. Brilliant performance
- Cooper Cronk 8: His direct play was missed in Queensland's game two defeat, but he was excellent in his return from injury. His kick in the 41st minute led to a Maroons try, and that signalled lights out for the Blues.
- Matt Scott 8: Good hit on Will Hopoate early in the first half forced the ball free, and he was crucial in swinging the momentum back to the Maroons. Criticised after his game two showing, but super tough this time around.
- Cameron Smith (capt) 7 ½: Another faultless performance from the inspirational Maroons skipper. Good effort considering the criticism he received in the lead-up.
- Nate Myles 7: Not a massive yardage gain, but produced some stinging defence.
- Aidan Guerra 7: Ran some nice lines in attack and was busy in defence. Deserved his late try in arguably his best Origin game.
- Sam Thaiday 6 ½: A solid night out for the Maroons veteran.
- Corey Parker 8 ½: Was immense in attack and defence once again for his state. How do you stop this man's offloads? Deserved his player of the series award.
- Michael Morgan 7 ½: Not much impact in game two, but brilliant work off the bench this time, scoring a try and setting up one as the Maroons ran riot in the second half.
- Josh Papalii 7 ½: Very physical off the bench and made his presence known immediately, scoring with his first touch.
- Matt Gillett 7: Like game two, very handy off the bench and was busy the entire time on the field. Becoming a reliable performer.
- Jacob Lillyman 8 ½: Took criticism of his game two effort personally and was one of the best forwards last night. Helped the Maroons gain the upper hand when the wrestle was on in the first half.